McLaren Lapeer Region Sleep Diagnostic Center Makes Night and Day Difference for Patients
Don’t close your eyes to the possibility that a sleep disorder is causing your problems. Sleep disorders cause many people difficulty at work, at home, and while driving.
The McLaren Lapeer Region (McLaren Lapeer Region) Sleep Diagnostic Center can help you discover and overcome sleep disorder problems, and put vitality back into your life.
After a referral to the center from your family physician, a sleep study is conducted overnight and results returned to you within a few days. A sleep study often indicates a problem with breathing, known as sleep apnea. This causes people to momentarily stop breathing and awaken from sleep in order to resume breathing. As a result, the disorder causes drowsiness during daily activities.
If you have sleep apnea, there is a device you can wear when sleeping that assists you in breathing. As a result, a restful night’s sleep can occur and symptoms such as falling asleep while driving, nodding off to sleep at work, irritability and lack of energy may disappear.
Severe snoring, periodic limb movements (PLM), restless leg syndrome (RLS), narcolepsy, insomnia, and parasomnias are also conditions that may disrupt your sleep and can be diagnosed at the sleep center through a sleep study.
The McLaren Lapeer Region Sleep Diagnostic Center Features:
- Accredited by The American Academy of Sleep Medicine since 2005.
- Physicians Board Certified in Sleep Medicine, Pulmonology, and Neurology.
- All technicians are registered in Sleep Medicine and/or Respiratory Therapy, licensed by the State of Michigan.
- Experts in the diagnosis and treatment of all Sleep Disorders in adults and children ages six and above.
- New facility with 6 comfortable clean private rooms. Each room has a homelike setting with a private restroom, TV, and desk.
- State of the art equipment.
- The Sleep Center offers flexible hours and days for people to have testing, including 3rd shift workers.
- One stop shop from testing and treatment of sleep disorders to walking out the door with home equipment.
- Follow up care is a high priority for our patients.
Lapeer Sleep Diagnostic Center
1083 Suncrest Drive
Lapeer, MI 48446
Fax: (810) 245-3564
Lapeer Sleep Disagnostic Center is accreditated with the American Academy of Sleep Medicine.